DressesEvery woman wears a dress differently. The only hard-and-fast rule is to pick a dress that accentuates your best body parts. Whether you have a gorgeous back, incredible thighs, or lovely collarbones, stock up on designs that not only fit but also highlight those attributes.
Your shape and height determine much of what you'll look good in, but here are some general rules of thumb:
- Wear heels. Heels create the illusion of longer legs. And as I've said, they're sexy!
- Buy a dress that vaguely clings, while still allowing your bum to move freely. Check out the red carpet “best dressed” lists for examples.
- Loose cotton dresses are best if you have some pounds to shed. They give us a hint of your bum and legs without a solid picture. We have vivid imaginations and we fantasize you better-looking, not worse. (We're on your side here. Just give us something to work with!)
- Stand up straight, shoulders back, chest high.
- Wear longer dresses that hug your legs a bit. You want a fitted design.
- Pick either heels of flats, depending on how tall you want to appear.
- Make sure that at least 60 percent of your skin is covered by the dress. You have a lot of skin, and a little goes a long way.
- As with shorter girls, loose-fitting, sheer cotton dresses that cling a little are great for those of you carrying a bit of extra weight.
Watch Video: Body Issues