One of the hottest looks for eyes this season is the heavily lined eye, but many women find themselves at a loss when it comes to using liquid liner. Liquid liner can be your friend; it’s just a matter of using the right tools and mastering a few simple techniques.
- When it comes to wearing shadow with this look, it’s usually a good idea to keep the color soft and neutral. Use a light cream color all over the lid and a warmer taupe in the crease. Your eyes will have warmth and definition without looking overdone.
- The right tool is essential in achieving this look. For liquid liner you want to use a point liner brush. This tiny, precision brush will allow you to draw a clean, even line.
- Many women close their eyes when applying liner, which leads to a bumpy uneven line. Keep your eye open. This will make it easier to follow the contour of your lashline.
- When using liner don’t feel that you have to paint one continuous line. A really easy technique is to draw three dashes one at the inner corner, one in the middle of the lash line and another at the outer corner, then go back and connect the dots. For the thick Audrey Hepburn look, build your liner slowly. After you’ve established a clean base line, start the brush at the middle of the lashes and slowly start to build up the outer line, extending the liner slightly out and beyond the eye.
- A fun way to add even more drama to this look is by using false eyelash singles. These tiny individual lashes can be glued to the outer corner of the top lashline for a great “doe eyed” effect.
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes! After all practice makes perfect. However if your liner does go astray, a little water or eye makeup remover on a Q-tip, is the perfect way to correct your mistake.