These crafts are especially designed for very little hands. They do, however, result in delightful keepsakes that withstand the test of time. They feature both beauty and simplicity -- intended to instill as much pride in the creator as they do pleasure in the recipient. Enjoy!
Before beginning these crafts, we recommend covering your work area with newspaper, and covering the artist with a smock or an old t-shirt.
- One large size, clean babyfood jar with lid
- One small lump of green play clay (Check out the preschool fun area for several great recipes.)
- Liquid glitter (the kind that comes in squeeze bottles)
- One thin paint brush
- Small assortment of tiny fabric flowers
- Create a small, soft ball of green clay (about the size of a large grape).
- Create a small bouquet of flowers.
- Partially flatten clay into lid of jar.
- Secure flower stems into clay.
- The result should look like a tiny platter (lid) holding a small bouquet of flowers.
- Screw lid onto jar.
- With jar on bottom and lid on top, squeeze glitter around outer edges of lid.
- Let dry.
- Turn jar upside down.
- The finished product should be a beautiful little bouquet of flowers in a glass dome.
Tools and Materials:
- Two paper plates (one whole and one cut in half)
- Paint and brushes or crayons