Ten things I love about my garden:
- The natural rock retaining wall I built myself that holds my shade garden.
- The fresh herbs. Ahhh ... the aromas.
- My perennial island bed that is thriving.
- Pulling weeds when I feel blue or bored.
- The zebra grass that flows gently with the wind.
- Sitting on my glider and watching the butterflies and hummingbirds. Very soothing.
- Watching the first signs of life in early spring.
- The fact that making something beautiful grow is nurturing and gives me a feeling of accomplishment.
- Watching my cats playing "hide" while I putter. Watching them lying in the catmint. They are in sheer heaven!
- The beautiful and graceful hostas and ferns.
There is just something so soothing and calming sitting and watching the butterflies and hummingbirds feeding on the flowers. It makes me feel very connected with nature -- where we all came from. It's a very soulful feeling.