Photo Credit: PM Images/Iconica/Getty
Whether it’s because of a hurricane, burst pipe or washer gone wild, floods happen. Here are some links we found particularly helpful while dealing with the aftermath of an unexpected surge of H2O.
1. Know when it's safe to go home (and what you should do before going inside): Tips from FEMA.
2. Avoid health risks in your home: A CDC checklist.
3. Find everything you need to know about mold: The 411 from the CDC.
4. Find everything you need to know about dehumidifiers: A guide by Energy Star.
5. Make sure your well water is safe: To-do's from the EPA.
6. File an insurance claim: Steps from the National Flood Insurance Program.
7. Recoup some of your losses even without insurance: Advice from FEMA.
8. Get rid of disaster debris: Resources from the EPA.
9. Salvage photos, records and other family treasures: How-to's from the National Archives.
10. Protect your home from future flood damage: A video from the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes.
WATCH: Make Homemade Ice Packs without the Ice