Photo Credit: Getty Images
"Your snoring is keeping me awake." "Why are you so tired?" "I'll be glad when your hormones go back to normal." Sometimes husbands just don't get it. And that's just for starters — mothers-in-law, coworkers and total strangers can have a knack for saying exactly the wrong thing, too. We asked iVillagers to set the record straight: "What should you never say to a pregnant woman?" Humanity, listen up:
1. "Hey there, big mama!"
2. "My God, you're enormous! Are you sure you're not having twins?"
3. "Well, looks like the boob fairy has visited you!"
4. "Should you be eating that?"
5. You shouldn't be feeling so tired/cranky/insert-symptom-here. You're not that pregnant yet."
6. "So, are you still with the father?"
7. "How do you walk without falling forward?"
8. "Are you gonna get fixed after this one?"
9. "Enjoy sleep/time to yourself/insert-any-enjoyable-activity-here now, because you'll never get any once the baby comes!"
10. From any husband (or anyone else for that matter): "Yeah, this pregnancy has been really hard on me, too." Please!