Photo Credit: Getty Images
Busy moms know time is a precious commodity. They're always on the go: rushing, planning, and organizing. It seems there's only one thing they're not doing—sleeping. So the ladies of the January 2007 playgroup recently put the question to the board: What would you do with an extra day to yourself?
- "I would take a long hot bath and work out for as long as I want [but] not necessarily in that order." —agentdscully
- "I would sleep as late as I wanted, read, go have lunch by myself at a cafe, clean up our place ... and then read some more with the TV off, the condo all clean, and a few candles lit. Aaaaah." —kittygal18
- "I would go get a massage, then I would come home to an empty house, sit on my hammock chair in the back porch with a book and a glass of Vanilla Coke next to me. They don't make Vanilla Coke anymore, but since it's a fantasy I am having a glass while I read!" —cl-freebutterfly
- "I would get my hair done, then go and have a day away with [my husband]. It it would be nice to get away from it all for a little while and not have to look after kids." —berthila
- "I would paint, while listening to music with my front door open to catch a breeze (since this is a fantasy, it is summertime in my dream). I would have my friends over and we would [talk] about something really wild over several bottles of wine. And then I would go to back to sleep without the lurking anxiety of how much sleep I will get before I am awaken by cries." —ryelle2006
- "I actually wouldn't sleep in—I like early mornings when the house is quiet and I can sit and drink my coffee and read a book. Then I would go for a brisk invigorating walk with my dog to really get the day started. And I will take as long as I want to shower and fix my hair." —nevadabeth
- "I would take a nice warm bath and shave the forest off my legs! I would have my hair and nails done and if I had time to slip in a tanning session, I would be so happy!" —sarenalynne
- "I would sleep in, scrapbook and eat great food that somebody else will cook for me!" —signlin
- "I would go shopping without having to rush and have a sit-down lunch by myself with a good trashy novel for company." —mommachelle03
- "I would go to the spa and sleep. Thanks for teasing me, it will never happen... not anytime soon!" —steph_mom4
What would you do with an extra day? Chime in below!