Prawns, or large shrimp, take on a deliciously nutty flavor when grilled. Here, they're marinated and skewered along with cherry tomatoes and wedges of green pepper to make an end-of-summer treat the whole family will love.
Credit: Encyclopedia of Fishing
- 1 pound (about 12 per pound) prawns or very large fresh shrimp
- 1/3 cup medium-dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 4 squares (1-inch size) green pepper
Peel and devein prawns. Combine wine, lemon juice, soy sauce, horseradish and garlic powder. Pour over prawns, cover and marinate in refrigerator for several hours. Shortly before serving, drain well. On each of 4 long skewers, thread 3 prawns, alternating them with 2 cherry tomatoes, 1 onion wedge and 1 square of green pepper. Broil over hot coals for about 3 minutes on each side, until prawns are just cooked through.
Every griller worth her salt needs a trusty set of skewers. Shop for skewers.
Serve This Dish With: