It's not your run-of-the-mill chili! Made with lean chicken and tangy sun-dried tomatoes, and garnished with nutty sunflower seeds and creamy avocado, this is a sophisticated and tasty twist on an old favorite.
Credit: Holly Clegg
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, for serving
- 1 avocado, chopped, for serving
In a small bowl, place sun-dried tomatoes and red wine and let stand for 5 minutes to allow tomatoes to soften.
In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown chicken over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute until tender.
Add green chilies, chicken broth and chili powder and bring to a boil. Add corn and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender. When serving, top with sunflower seeds and chopped avocado.
Uncorking a bottle of red to make (and serve with) this chili? Shop for a corkscrew.
Serve This Dish With: