What a name! The sparkling flavor of this dish will gently persuade you to have seconds. The sauce calls for a bit of bubbly -- make champagne cocktails with the rest of the bottle (there's a recipe in the links below).
- 1 pound raw prawns or shrimp
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Brut champagne
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Shell and devein the prawns. Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the prawns and saute quickly until just pink. Stir in the champagne, lemon juice and mustard. Simmer for 3 minutes. Serve over a bed of hot rice or pasta. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Is your kitchen lacking a good pan to use to cook the prawns? Shop for a saute pan.
Serve This Dish With: