Labor Day weekend already? Dazzle your guests with an elegant and attractive meal that you can whip up in no time with the help of some pesto sauce from your market's refrigerator case. If you're especially fond of pesto, feel free to double the amount.
Credit: The Instant Cook by Donna Hay
- 4 chicken breast fillets, halved lengthwise
- 2 red capsicums (bell peppers), quartered
- 1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces rocket leaves (arugula)
- 1 tablespoon store-bought pesto
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
Preheat a char-grill (broiler) or barbecue over high heat. Place the chicken, capsicums, eggplant, zucchini, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat. Cook the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on the grill or barbecue before adding the capsicums, eggplant and zucchini and cooking until the chicken is golden and cooked through and the vegetables are tender. To serve, place the chicken, vegetables and rocket in a stack on plates and serve topped with the combined pesto and mayonnaise.
Ready to add new flair to your place settings? Shop for dinner plates.
Serve This Dish With: