Though you can marinate the chicken cutlets and veggies for up to three hours, the flavors develop quickly. That means you can get the marinade going and then light the grill, and dinner's almost done!
- 1 cup Wish-Bone Italian Dressing
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1/2 pound)
- Green leaf lettuce
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers packed in oil, drained
- 1 loaf peasant bread, sliced and grilled or broiled
In a large, shallow non-aluminum baking dish or plastic bag, pour 3/4 cup Wish-Bone Italian Dressing over chicken, eggplant and zucchini. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, up to 3 hours. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill or broil chicken and vegetables, brushing with remaining 1/4 cup dressing, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, turning once.
To assemble sandwiches, layer lettuce, hot vegetables, cheese, hot chicken and roasted peppers on bread.
Don't let sliced vegetables and other small items slip through your grill grate. Shop for a grill basket.
Serve This Dish With: