Skip the prepackaged supermarket versions of Alfredo sauce. This is rich, smooth, flavorful... and quick. Be sure to use the optional parsley garnish -- it makes for a lovely presentation.
Credit: The Lipton Kitchens
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spread
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping or heavy cream
- 8 ounces penne or bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spread over medium-high heat and cook garlic 30 seconds. Add cream and bring just to a boil. Stir in hot penne, cheese and, if desired, salt and pepper to taste; heat through. Serve, if desired, with additional grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
If you love pasta, chances are you love grated cheese. Shop for a cheese grater.
Serve This Dish With: