Photo Credit: Getty Images
No matter how good we turned out, there's something to be said for raising kids in this day and age. We've got better-quality car seats, better-informed parents, and let's be honest, better-looking pregnancy attire. We asked the iVillage community, what's better about being a mom today compared to being one 20 years ago? Some of our favorite responses:
- Maternity clothes don't have huge bows on them.
- Better gadgets: battery-powered baby swings, bouncy seats that vibrate and car seats that turn into baby carriers.
- Wipes warmers — no more cold buns!
- Immunizations. Medical technology has advanced tremendously.
- Parents are so much more into their children. How many of us moms can say we were products of attachment parenting or that our parents "wore" us?
- Digital cameras... and access to the Web to email those pictures to anyone around the globe.
- More men embracing stay-at-home fatherhood! Even paternity leave was not an option 20 years ago.
- Drive-thru Starbucks.
- The Internet. It makes being a stay-at-home mom much less lonely.
- More choices! Breastfeeding or formula, cloth or disposable, sleep training or co-sleeping, staying home or working. We have so many options now, we can find what works best for us.