Photo Credit: Getty Images
If, before dressing for an important meeting/big date/social event of the season, you feel like you have tried on 40,000 pieces of clothing, well, you actually might not be that far off.
A recent survey by the U.K.’s NetVoucherCodes finds that, while shopping, women, on average, try on 720 different items every year – which adds up to 43,400 during a 60-year lifetime of dressing room visits, the Daily Mail reports.
Think you’re a shopaholic? According to the newspaper, the women surveyed average five shopping trips monthly, trying on 12 pieces each time. (We’re guessing swimsuit season ups the average.)
Some more interesting findings from the survey:
- It takes seven items tried on to find one winner for women.
- Men will buy two out of three items they try on.
- Men average two and half shopping trips per month, trying on 90 pieces of clothing annually, or 5,400 over a shopping lifetime.
- Amount of time spent in a changing room, per trip, on average: 22 for women; five for men.
- Most women shop with a friend, while most men shop alone.
Suddenly, we don’t feel so bad about the daily pile of clothes and shoes on the bedroom -- or dressing room -- floor.