Photo Credit: Getty Images
Do you dissolve into tears at the slightest provocation? Is your husband starting to call you "Mariah Scary"? Do your friends say you're a "diva" and you know they don't mean the operatic kind? The funny, creative women from the January 2008 Expecting Club shared their surefire signs that those little suckers called pregnancy hormones are on the rampage. Here are our favorites:
You Know You're Hormonal When:
1. You lecture your husband for 30 minutes because he bought you beef jerky, knowing you can't stand the sight, smell or taste of any beef product.
2. You haven't talked to your husband in 24 hours because he criticized how long [it took] you to boil hard-boiled eggs.
3. It breaks your heart to go to work because you have to leave your dogs for 9 hours.
4. You start crying over reality TV (seriously now!).
5. Potty-training your toddler makes you cry because he's growing up.
6. Your mother's number on your caller ID makes you cringe.
7. Every driver on the road has a personal agenda to get in your way and piss you off.
8. You go to Burger King for a milkshake and cry like a baby when the milkshake machine isn't working. (I cried so much that the manager went to the closest Burger King to get me a milkshake.)
9. You find yourself cussing out a commercial. My husband looked at me like I was nuts!
10. Your DH tells you, "No more babies after this! I like you much better when you're not pregnant!" And your response is: "Don't worry, I don't plan on being married to you long enough to have another one!"